Choosing the Primary School for Samuel though, it’s a tad more complicated and a lot more consideration of this and that is required. ‘Ya know such as type of school, type of secondary school, potentiality and all the nits and the picks
It’s not something that we are taking lightly on.
Having said that, we have more or less set our mind on one of the nearby school last year. It’s only today, a few days shy of the registering date that we went to check out the school. Mainly to put our mind at ease that this school indeed is ……
well, lets just say our minds are at ease now.
We arrived right in midst of the school recess time.
What we’ve gathered about this school from word-of-mouth and from our visit:
- This is not the top school at our area;
of which we gotta point out that, this is not our main deciding criteria.
- This school is not located by the main road;
so road congestion and parking is not a big issue here.
- We walked in through a small opening of the front gate, through a security check point.
The students were having their break time; eating, running and playing.
Some parents were around; presumably to bring snack for their children.
There’s no children fighting in sight nor could we see any unpleasant scenes.
- As we need to use the washroom, we decided to check ‘em out too.
We are glad to report that they are in working condition with ok level of cleanliness. Hey, we are not taking about 5-star hotel restroom here. It’s a school!
- While we were at it, of course not to be missed is a visit to the canteen.
It's typical but quite orderly we must say. Perhaps it's already end of recess time.
It was not swamped with student nor it was too crowded.
- The school is rather small with only a few buildings; 4 floors max, a green field, a hall, some offices and some student’s corners.
They have both morning and afternoon session.
All Year 1 will have to attend the afternoon session.
- Usually, there will be around 6-7 Year 1 classes. They will be randomly placed into a class. Year 2 onwards placing will be accordance to their Year 1 progress.
There’ll around 30-15 students per class.
- We chanced upon 2 teachers and both are friendly and helpful.
We also went to the Admin Office to check out the registration.
- No artful illicit graffiti visible; all walls are intact and errr.. still pretty.
- Another thing that we notice is, the school is quite shady with considerable amount of greens and trees.
This is very unlike some of the front view school where we only see buildings and sun rays.
Overall, we are happy with what we see.
But we still have options, there’re another 2 schools available within our area. We are still thinking if we should check ‘em out.